The Northview Techno Titans (1683) is a robotics team from Northview High School in Johns Creek, Georgia. We are a non-profit organization that strives for success and growth. The Techno Titans’ mission is to improve our members by strengthening their skills and knowledge about engineering, science, and math. We strive to prepare our members for jobs in STEM fields so that we can change the world for the better. We try to achieve this by getting students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math and by getting them to experience a team environment. The Techno Titans is the equivalent of any high school varsity sports team – except with coders instead of linebackers, engineers instead of quarterbacks, and industry leaders instead of coaches. Every year, the students of the Techno Titans with the help of mentors build a robot for VEX and BEST as well as a robot for FIRST that in years past has been able to climb jungle gyms, repair space stations, build computer chips, shoot Frisbees, play soccer, play basketball, and much more. We also have the ability to connect with our community as we give demonstrations and give mentorships for the future generations. Overall we are a team that encourage all different age groups with the hopes that we are guiding the innovators of the future.
- Columbus Alliance Captain 2017
- Winner of Peachtree Regional: 2010, 2014
- Winner of Bayou Regional: 2007
- Finalist of Peachtree Regional: 2006, 2008, 2013
- Innovation in Control Award: 2011
- Creativity Award: 2010
- Woodie Flowers Award: 2014, won by former mentor Richard Sims
- Winner of GRITS [off-season competition]: 2013
- Winner of GA BEST Award: 2014
- Winner of GA BEST: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014
- Over 1000 Downloads for Tote Stacker which is an app based on the 2015 FRC competition
- Featured in Northview Messenger for Excellence of Women in STEM
We value each one of our students and strive to provide for them an environment where they can improve not only their technical skills, whether it be programming or engineering, but also their teamwork, leadership, and personal skills.
We want our team to grow every year. The Techno Titans focus on building strong relationships with companies in order to gain sponsorship support and connect more companies with robotics. We also focus on improving our marketing in order to increase visibility.
One of the most important aspects of STEM is inspiring others. We have a strong outreach program that reaches everyone from elementary school to high school. We mentor, provide support, and give demonstrations in order to inspire others to pursue STEM.